Overview of +1
Google’s yesterday launched the +1 button for its search results.While many perceive it as an attempt to control the growing influence of Facebook on the web, it has particularly embarked the new era of Social Web. Gone are those days when Webmaster’s used to Write and Users read it, things are happening other way round too.This will particularly influence the Search Engine Ranking and will stop the saga of Black Hat SEO techniques, where ,by putting forged metadata, sites used to rank higher in Google.Now the users will see what they has been promoted by their peers.
See above and below this post.
As per Google – The +1 button is shorthand for “this is pretty cool” or “you should check this out.” Click +1 to publicly give something your stamp of approval. Your +1’s can help friends, contacts, and others on the web find the best stuff when they search.
If you are a owner of a website, then it might help you in getting large amount of quality traffic.Its better to get going with +1 button as early birds and take the advantage of higher Search Engine Traffic, before your competitors start getting the same. The Google +1 button (“+1 Button”) is a means for applications, websites, and other services (collectively, “Publishers”) to provide the Google +1 sharing experience on their website and other services. Users can express their interest in a Publisher’s website by clicking the +1 Button
How to Setup +1 Button
STEP 1:-Add the following Code immediately before the Closing BODY (</body>) tag.
You can use HTTPS also, if you want but that wont add any extra benefit to your site.
If you are using Code for Google Analytics, paste it before Analytics Code.
Place this code wherever you want the PlusOne Button to Appear
- <g:plusone size=”tall”></g:plusone>
Other values for Size include small, medium and standard. If you dont specify the value of Size attribute, it will take the standard value of 24 px.
Where to Add +1 button
You can add Plus one ideally at any crawlable location on your web pages, but there are certain hot-spots which will give you more +1s.
1. Top and Bottom of Posts in case of Blogs
2. Before the content starts on news portals
3.Sidebar of your pages
Where not to put
1.Bottom of your web page
2. Header of your web page
3. Any non-crawl-able area on the website
Treat it like an ad, and decide where should you place it on the page to attract the action of users.You can also put
Things you should not
1. You should not direct users to click the +1 Button for purposes of misleading users. You should not promote prizes, monies, or monetary equivalents in exchange for +1 Button clicks
2. You should not attempt to discover the identity of a +1 Button user unless the user consents to share his or her identity with you via a Google-approved authorization procedure. This prohibition includes identifying users by correlating +1 Button reporting data from Google with Publisher data.
3. You should not alter or obfuscate the +1 Button, and Publishers may not associate the +1 Button with advertising content, such as putting the +1 Button on or adjacent to an ad, unless authorized to do so by Google