Five Rare tricks to win the Search Engine Optimization Race
I was busy past few days in boosting the traffic of my website news.biharprabha.com. Thanks to SEO, the number of visitors per day increased by 500 % in past 30 days. Search Engine Optimization has become a very broad term now. Unlike past , where it was limited to the on-page optimization and off-page optimization, it has accumulated the feathers of Social Media.
I am sharing few of the strategies that I used to achieve this feat. This is applicable to any content centered websites like news, blogs or forums.
1. Meta Keywords: Just Google for Search Engine Optimization and you will get lots of results. Remember, the best firm will definitely appear on the top of Search Results for this query. Take the top 5 websites (other than Google) appearing in the search Results and analyse their code. You will find extra Meta Entries for most of them. Include them in all of your pages.
2. Keyword Make sure the keyword you are targeting appears in the <TITLE> of your page and inside <Hn> tags inside the <BODY> of the page. Lower the value of <H> you provide, higher weight would the keyword gains w. r. t. that page. So ensure that the target keywords appears inside <H1> or <H2> tags.
Use the formula below for <H> density
Maximum number of <Hn>= 2^(n-1) where n=1,2,3,4,5,6
It means never keep more than 1 <h1> tags or more than 2 <h2> tags. Doing so may invite suspicion on part of Search Engines and impact your reputation.
3: Frequency: The Crawl rate of Search Engines is directly proportional to the frequency at which new content is being added to your website. So instead of adding 5 pages/day at a time it is better to add one page at the interval of every four hours.
4. Duplicate Content: This is the most controversial topic in the SEO domain. The impact of keeping Duplicate content varies from site to site. If the same content appears on Times of India and on Hindustan Times website, both will appear in the search results without any harm done to any of them. But, if a small website copies the content from Times of India,, it will not get any benefit for sure. Google or any search Engine can easily identify and devoid it of any benefit in the search Results. For start-up websites or blogs, keep a balance between Duplicate and Original Content. If you are posting duplicate content, make sure that it is beneficial to the readers and proper credits have been given to the owner of the content.
As a thumb rule:
1. Copy in parts and not in whole.
2. Copy but not cheat.
5. Social Media: Though officially not stated by Google , but it has been observed that any page shared multiple times on Facebook and Twitter gains some advantage in terms of SEO. Make sure that all your contents are promoted to Twitter and Facebook whenever they are published. Use RSS Graphiti app for automatically sharing your posts to Facebook. For Twitter, use Wp-to-Twitter plugin for immediate tweeting upon publication of new posts.
These tricks are based on my own experience of Search Engine Optimization. Always remember that
SEO doesnot mean fooling the Search Spiders.
It is like putting your best foot forward.
Never try to cheat the Search Spiders.
Never Over-Optimize your page
Stay Alert; what works today may not work tomorrow
Thanks for reading. Will keep posted about new developments in SEO Industry